Capacity Management & Planning
Capacity Management and Planning describes the science of understanding, estimating and provisioning IT resources to meet the current and future needs of the organisation. IT teams too often encounter the capacity planning paradox.
On the one hand, there are firms unable to predict when and where an outage or bottleneck will occur.
ITRS Insights Capacity Planner helps both business and IT users translate existing monitoring data into actionable advice on identifying future capacity constraints and freeing up underutilised IT resources.
Rightsize your infrastructure to meet
Avoid costly outages, optimise capacity and
Predictive alerting of potential infrastructure
or application issues
IT Capacity Challenges
Do you have sufficient IT resources
- Organisations often struggle with calculating whether there are enough IT resources to handle an increasing number of transactions or users
- The data needed for capacity planning is in silo’s
- IT teams often lack specialist capacity planning knowledge, and predicting the future is difficult
- Today’s IT environment makes the job of a capacity planner more difficult with applications distributed across different regions and platforms (physical, virtual, cloud and containers)
The Solution - Capacity Planning as a Service
- Delivers a SaaS solution with rapid time to value and quick return on investment
- Utilises a big data approach by ingesting large-scale data volume and variety from existing monitoring tools
- Harnesses a powerful predictive analytics engine to forecast capacity usage and predict constraints
- Offers best in class scenario modelling to plan key IT projects including data centre rationalisations, Physical to Virtual (P2V) transformations and cloud migrations
- Correlates application and infrastructure data to let business demand drive infrastructure decision-making.
Infrastructure Capacity Planning
The only Cloud based Capacity Planner on the market that lets you accurately assess your future IT infrastructure needs and select the right way forward with confidence.
Capacity Planner’s powerful Forward Thinking™ scenario modelling allows you to optimise your IT infrastructure (physical, virtual, cloud or container) and communicate your plans internally or to business.
Please note that Sumerian has since been acquired by ITRS Group and that Sumerian Capacity Planner has been re-branded to ITRS Capacity Planner
Application Centric Approach
Predictive and prescriptive analytics to quantify the effect of business or infrastructure changes on your application performance.
Make more informed infrastructure decisions to optimise application performance
Manage and Plan Your Capacity
Advanced predictive analytics and operational intelligence for your Hybrid Estate.
Combining Infrastructure Metrics and Application Performance in a comprehensive data model accurately assessing your current and future IT needs.
“Forward Thinking™” enables powerful “What If” scenario modelling, helping you evaluate and execute your plans ensuring your customer experience is maintained at the level of service your business expects.
Regain control by reporting on infrastructure allocation, usage and cost on a infrastructure platform, supplier, location, line of business or business service basis
Become re proactive in your management, avoiding potential problems before they become business affecting Detect increasing trends in resource consumption and alert users when usage is predicted to reach certain levels in the future
Improve service to your customers, manage costs and reduce waste by identifying areas where resource allocation and usage are imbalanced. Add more infrastructure where historical usage shows it is lacking, or reclaim resources from areas where they are not needed
Manage the balance between risk and cost in the face of constant change by modelling future change scenarios Model migration to new technology platforms, including public cloud, increasing demand on resources or on boarding
Application Capacity Planning
Demonstrable Operational Resilience and Real Business Value
Report Capacity in Business Terms
Express capacity in business terms by understanding volume constraints and trends
Detect relations between volume drivers like quotes,trades, call volumes, transactions and resource utilisation
Statistical summaries at multiple levels based on an accurate understanding of application behaviour and metric patterns
Collect and Present Data
Insight into resource utilisation, technology specific platform and implementation metrics, business volumes and critical transaction response times
Capacity Planner Features
The most prominent features of Capacity Planner are:
Capacity planning as a service
- SaaS means rapid time to value
- Minimal effort
- Minimises need for analytics skills in-house
Powerful predictive analytics engine
- Recommends optimisations
- Provides warnings of future problems
- Identifies risk to business services
Big data approach
- Capacity Planner deals with large scale data volume and variety
- Capacity Planner uses data from existing tools
Forward Thinking® scenario modelling capability
- Minimises risks associated with change
- Minimises costs to accomplish transformations
More that 300 service outages avoided on critical systems within a year
24% reduction in implementation cost for data centre transformation
30% incremental reduction in a annual operating cost from data centre rationalisation
50% reduction in resources required for P2V technology refresh